*This is a sponsored post by Samsung Malaysia Electronics*
With my busy packed schedule lately, I have not been able to attend as many tech events as I’d like and it bums me out. Especially, when I have to pass on attending a recent Samsung event, the Malaysian launch of the Samsung Gear VR (Innovator Edition for S6).
It’s an experience that everyone has to try! The Gear VR is made to bring imagination into reality. – Lee Jui Siang, VP Mobile, IT & Digital Imaging, Samsung Malaysia Electronics
Since I heard about Samsung Gear VR for Galaxy Note more than a year plus ago, I have been itching to get my hands on time with a Virtual Reality headgear to experience it first-hand. I was so excited about the prospect that more and more manufacturers are inventing more amazing wearable technology beyond the same ole smartwatch.
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition is built to be fully optimzed and compatible with their 2015 flagship Android smartphones – the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge.
See Also : Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge User Review
Here’s a quick technical spec overview of the Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for S6:-
- Dimensions : 82.8 x 196.1 x 98.5 mm
- Weight : 271 g (Body unit only without strap & cover case)
- Sensor : Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Available in Frost White colour
Some of the highlighted key features of the Samsung Gear VR includes:-
- Ultimate Gaming Experiences: It’s as easy to use as it is captivating; Gear VR contents are easily available for download via the Oculus Store. There is an extensive selection of optimized apps and games as well as localised virtual reality content such as thrilling VR games and 360 degree of a new performance from Cirque du Soleil from top-tier creators including Kurios. The possibilities with Gear VR are limitless.
- Extraordinary Viewing: Optimised for the Galaxy S6, the Gear VR Innovator Edition lets users engage with high resolution movies, TV shows, VOD services and photos like never before. With reduced sharper visuals on 5.1-inch Super AMOLED displays and a wide 96˚ field-of-view, the Gear VR lets you plunge into a world beyond your peripheral vision with longer lasting usage time
- Easy Control Touchpad: No need to worry about finding the middle of your touchpad while you are using the Gear VR Innovator Edition for S6. A deeper touchpad with an embossed centre offers you user-friendly controls for an easier interactive experience.
- Improved Comfort: Experience virtual reality in complete comfort with the Gear VR’s ergonomic design. It incorporates soft and flexible cushioning for ultimate user comfort. The 15% reduction in size makes the Gear VR a more comfortable wear. Ergonomically redesigned straps give better weight distribution, while mechanical ventilation supports an extended VR experience.
For more information, check out the Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition Malaysian Product Page at http://www.samsung.com/my/consumer/mobile-devices/wearables/gear/SM-R321NZWAXME
Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for S6 is available on sale now at Samsung Experience Stores in major cities throughout Malaysia, at a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of RM 799 inclusive of GST.
Check out some of the images of the launch recently at Pavilion KL.
Note : Check out more pictures on the Samsung Mobile Malaysia Facebook Page for the Samsung Gear VR launch HERE.
Did I mention how bummed I am that I didn’t get to attend the launch and try the Gear VR myself?
While I missed the showcase that happened at the launch, I was happy to hear that Samsung will continue to be showcasing the Samsung Gear VR at any of the Samsung Experience Stores in Klang Valley, Penang or Johor, which includes:-
- Low Yat (MTCS), Kuala Lumpur
- Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur
- Suria KLCC, Kuala Lumpur
- The Gardens Mall, Kuala Lumpur
- Mid Valley Megamall, Kuala Lumpur
- Sunway Pyramid, Selangor
- 1Utama Shopping Centre, Selangor
- Gurney Paragon, Penang
- Gurney Plaza, Penang
- Sutera Mall, Johor
- City Square, Johor
Looks like, I might make a trip to the nearest Samsung Experience Store to get my grubby hands on it this weekend.
Who else is excited about this?
For more information, visit Samsung Malaysia website at http://www.samsung.com/my/home or *LIKE* the Samsung Mobile Malaysia Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilemalaysia