Last week, on 25 June 2014, BlackBerry Malaysia launched the latest in their new BlackBerry 10 OS series of smartphones – the BlackBerry Z3.
The BlackBerry Z3 is the affordable BlackBerry range, complete with the latest BlackBerry 10 OS devices have to offer. Marketed as the consumer messaging device, the BlackBerry Z3 was launched in Malaysia with some great local content, especially for BBM (BlackBerry Messenger) in a 5″ display screen.
BlackBerry Z3 Malaysia Launch Event
Since the last device announcement way back with the BlackBerry Z30 in November 2013, the next 5″ BlackBerry device is this mid-range BlackBerry Z3.
In the launch event, BlackBerry announced the availability of the device for the local market, which comes with localised BBM Stickers.
BlackBerry Z3 users will also be able to enjoy local content to Malaysia on their device, including a special set of BBM™ Stickers and BBM Channels featuring local characters, Upin and Ipin. In addition, BlackBerry Z3 users will be able to join local BBM Channels and get more updates from their favorite brands, communities and opinion leaders.
“Stop Missing Out” campaign
During the Launch event, BlackBerry Malaysia also took the opportunity to bring back their “Stop Missing Out” campaign, which is a contest that allows fans of BlackBerry to stand a chance to win some fun outings and activities with local celebrities including Daphne Iking, Aizat Amdan, Rina Omar and Nazruddin Rahman.
The “Stop Missing Out” contest will run from 14 July 2014 for 6 weeks, where 5 winners will be selected and tagged to each celebrity. The prize includes fun actvities like shopping spree, attending a gig or going on a foodie tour. This contest is easy and simple:-
- Open to customers who purchases any BlackBerry smartphones
- BlackBerry Z3 qualifies for 5 entries
- other BlackBerry 10 smartphone qualifies for 3 entries
- older BlackBerry 7 OS devices gets 1 entry
- Users to submit the entries online, by uploading a picture of them holding their BlackBerry devices.
- Contest period : 14 July 2014 – 21 August 2014
For more information on the BlackBerry Malaysia’s “Stop Missing Out” campaign, check out www.stopmissingout.com.my from 14 July 2014 onwards.
About the BlackBerry Z3
Originally developed and released for the Indonesian market, BlackBerry Malaysia decided to bring the mid-range Z3 to the Malaysian market.
Let’s take a look at the high level technical specs of the BlackBerry Z3:-
- 5” LCD qHD display (540 X 960)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm processor
- 8 GB internal storage (expandable microSD) + 1,5 GB RAM
- Powered by BlackBerry 10.2.1 OS
- 5 megapixel rear camera (1080p HD video recording), 1.1 megapixel front facing camera (720p HD video recording)
- 9.26 mm thin, weighing only 164 grams
- 2,500 mAH non-removable battery (up to 15.5 hours 3G talktime)
- Connectivity : 3G HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0
While the hardware specifications of the BlackBerry Z3 may be underwhelming with a mediocre display screen and resolution, BlackBerry continued to pack great features on the device, that’s comparable to the high-end flagship range. Here are some of the features highlighted for the new BlackBerry Z3:-
- BlackBerry® Hub – The ever present BlackBerry Hub lets you access all your work and personal email, BBM™, text messages, social media updates and notifications in one place, with the ability to “peek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you. The Hub can be customized to identify priority messages and to filter the message list by various criteria that you can then activate with a simple pinch gesture.
- BBM – BBM on the BlackBerry Z3 includes all the latest features of the popular mobile social network. You get BBM voice and video chatting with Screen Share and support for BlackBerry Natural Sound, letting you hear nuances and variations in tone in a BBM Voice chat, and making the conversation sound like you’re in the same room. BBM Channels features a variety of Malaysian channels as well as a package of BBM stickers that have been specially designed by a local artist.
- BlackBerry Keyboard – The BlackBerry Keyboard learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately. It gives you the best Bahasa Malaysia typing experience on a touchscreen, complete with multi-language support that lets you type in up to 3 different languages at the same time.
- Time Shift & Story Maker – The BlackBerry Z3’s astonishing Time Shift camera feature lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. You can also use Story Maker to bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share on YouTube.
- BlackBerry 10 Browser – The BlackBerry 10 browser sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 performance on smartphones, and is incredibly fast, with fluid and responsive scrolling and zooming. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content. You can even save web pages for later viewing.
- Instant Previews & Reply Now – Be more timely and responsive with Instant Previews that bring BBM, SMS and email message to you no matter what you are doing on your BlackBerry Z3. You can even reply to your BBM or SMS messages in any app, or swipe to the BlackBerry Hub to respond. If you get a phone call that you can’t answer right way, you can instantly silence the call and send a Reply Now response through BBM, SMS or email to let the caller know you’re busy.
- Fast, Easy Sharing – The BlackBerry Z3 learns how you share and who you share with, helping you reduce the number of steps and amount of time it takes to get your files, photos, or documents to where they need to go. Touching “share” in any app provides suggestions on who and how to share your files based on who you’ve shared with in the past, and the feature only gets smarter the more you use it.
- FM Radio – The new BlackBerry Z3 includes a built-in FM radio. You can listen to local FM stations, which does not require any network connection.
For more information on the BlackBerry Z3, check out the Malaysian product page at www.blackberry.com.my/smartphones/blackberry-z3.html
Pricing and Availability
BlackBerry Z3 will be available on sale, starting 7 July 2014 at a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of RM 699, at authorised BlackBerry partners.
For more information, check out the BlackBerry Z3 website at www.blackberry.com.my/smartphones/blackberry-z3.html
Click to buy
from Lazada Malaysia online
[button title=”BUY NOW” link=”http://goo.gl/XYj2E7″ size=”button-large” buttonColor=”button-blue” ]