By now, I’m sure you’ve heard of HTC One – the flagship Android smartphone from Taiwanese phone manufacturer that the media (and even GSM Association) named Best Phone and Best in Show at the Mobile World Congress 2013 at Barcelona, Spain. If you couldn’t (or didn’t) want to pay the RM 2,299 cost of the flagship phone, you’ll be happy to hear that there’s a “mini” version.
See Also : HTC One Launched & Goes On Sale in Malaysia
Just like with Samsung’s flagship Galaxy S4, there’s a cheaper and smaller version named Galaxy S4 mini, HTC joins in the fun with the same strategy with a cheaper and smaller version of their flagship with this HTC One mini.
Available in 181 countries and across more than 583 networks worldwide, the HTC One has proven to be an unprecedented success across the globe, receiving multiple industry accolades since launch and increasing the company’s brand awareness with young consumers to an all-time high of 87%. The number of consumers intending to own an HTC in the next six months has also doubled as a result with the HTC One being recommended by 94% of owners
See Also : Samsung Galaxy S4 User Review
For a quick refresher, here’s a quick overview of the tech specs of the HTC One:-
- 4.3″ Super LCD2 HD 720p display (1280 X 720)(341 ppi)
- 1.4 GHz dual core Snapdragon 400 processor
- 16 GB internal storage (no expandable microSD) + 1 GB RAM
- Powered by latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS (with HTC Sense 5 UI)
- 4 megapixel HTC Ultrapixel camera (1080p Full HD video with HDR), 1.6 megapixel front facing camera (720p HD video)
- 9.25 mm thin, weighing only 122 grams
- 1,800 mAH non-removable battery (but removable backplate) (up to 13.27 hours of 3G talkltime)
- Connectivity : WiFi, HSPA+, 4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, DLNA
- Available in Glacial Silver and Stealth Black colours
Because the HTC One mini is basically a little brother of the flagship HTC One, it includes several “killer features” that you’d find in the flagship Android as well, which includes:-
- HTC BoomSound – Dual front facing stereo speakers, polwered by dedicated amplifiers with beats Audio technology integration
- HTC Blink Feed – new home screen with Flipboard-like interface of grids to show you the latest news and updates from major news sites and your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, etc)
- Ultrapixel camera with HTC Zoe and Video Highlights – A new camera lens technology that captures 300% more light than normal smartphone cameras with great pictures in low light conditions and much sharper images. HTC Zoe takes 3 second videos with advanced editing capabilities; and Video Highlights allows automatic creation of 30-seconds video reel complete with effects, sounds and more.
For more information, tech specs and features of the HTC One mini, please check out the official HTC One mini SEA Product Page at http://www.htc.com/sea/smartphones/htc-one-mini/ or HTC Malaysia’s Facebook Page at https://www.facebook.com/HTCMalaysia
See Also : HTC One User Review
HTC One mini is already on sale right NOW (since 30 Oct 2013) at a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of RM 1,699 at selected HTC retailers.
Here’s a gallery of official press images of the HTC One mini:-
HTC One being a huge success and highly recommended phone, it’s interesting to see HTC attempt to bring the younger brother, HTC One mini to the masses. The biggest difference between this HTC One mini and the flagship phone will have to the build quality. It’s no longer a all metal unibody construction, although HTC did retain the metal look and made the backplate removable.
From a hardware specs point of view, a few things were also removed, which in turn reduces the feature set – including IR Blaster (to use your phone as a TV remote control), Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) for the camera, and NFC.
For more reviews to read, check out some of my favourites of the HTC One mini:-
- Engadget : HTC One mini review
- TechRadar : HTC One mini review – A little slice of the world’s best mobile phone
- The Verge : HTC One mini review – Can HTC shrink its best phone without losing the essence of its greatness?
- CNET : HTC One mini review – Nearly flawless midrange stunner
What do you think of the HTC One mini? Are you already an owner or looking to get this?
[button title=”Click HERE to buy HTC One mini from Lazada Malaysia” link=”http://www.lazada.com.my/htc-one-mini-16gb-black-481442.html#Q0C61mk63iQ4″ size=”button-large” buttonColor=”button-blue” ]