Last month, on 19 September 2013, BlackBerry Malaysia announced the availability of the mid-range, mass consumer series BlackBerry Z30 to the Malaysian market. Similarly with the previous BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Q10, the Z30 is powered by the latest BlackBerry 10 OS, this time with the latest version 10.2. It also includes BlackBerry’s largest display at 5″ touchscreen, also with their largest battery to date.
To date, BlackBerry has continued to launch new BlackBerry 10 OS powered devices, whether it’s all touchscreen phones or touch and type with physical QWERTY keyboards, from high end flagship phones to mass consumer market mid-range phones.
The first flagship all-touchscreen BlackBerry 10 OS smartphone was BlackBerry Z10, the mid-range version is now the BlackBerry Z30. The touch and type flagship is BlackBerry Q10, with their lower-end consumer version being the BlackBerry Q5. The confusing part is this – if the younger brother of the Q10 is the Q5, why is the younger brother of the Z10 not the Z5, but the Z30? Right?
About BlackBerry Z30
Here’s a quick hardware specifications of the BlackBerry Z30 :-
- 5″ Super AMPLED display (1280 X 720)(295 ppi)
- 1.7 GHz dual core processor
- 16 GB internal storage (expandable up to 64GB microSD) + 2 GB RAM
- Powered by latest Blackberry 10.2 OS
- 8 megapixel auto focus rear camera (1080p HD video recording), 2 megapixel front facing camera (720p HD video recording)
- 9.4 mm thin, weighing only 170 grams
- 2,880 mAH removable battery (up to 18 hours 3G talktime)
- Connectivity : 4G LTE/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC, micro HDMI out
The BlackBerry Z30 is powered by the latest BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 update, which includes hundreds of new features, such as:
- BlackBerry® Priority Hub – Priority inbox to your unified inbox (BlackBerry Hub) that ranks priority messages across email, social networking and other accounts.
- BBM™ Now in Any App and Message Previews Everywhere – Preview messages from any app you’re using without leaving the app and tap to dismiss, read full content or reply, even from the Lock Screen.
- 5” Super AMOLED Display – Bigger and clearer display with new Super AMOLED screen with a 1280 X 720 resolution.
- Stereo Audio and BlackBerry® Natural Sound – Stereo speakers for better audio quality and BlackBerry Natural Sound technology, exclusive to BlackBerry, improving your BBM Voice and BBM Video chats sound.
- New Antenna Technology – Dynamically tunes reception to give you better connectivity in low signal areas, giving you faster data transfer and fewer dropped calls.
- Longer Battery Life – Largest battery every on a BlackBerry smartphone at 2,880 mAH, promising up to 25 hours of mixed use
Here are some official Press Images of the new BlackBerry Z30 (click to see enlarged copy):-
Note: If you’re a BlackBerry Z10 or Q10 owner, BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.2 has started rolling out globally last Wednesday, on 23 October 2013, according to BlackBerry Blog here.
For more information on the features and specs, check out the BlackBerry Z30 product page at www.blackberry.com/blackberryz30
BlackBerry Z30 Sale at Celcom Carnival
When the BlackBerry Z30 became available on sale in Malaysia on 5 October 2013, Celcom organised an event for the launch called Celcom Carnival on that day at their flagship Celcom Iconic Store in Sunway Pyramid Shopping Mall.
A part of the promotion for the launch, the first 140 people on location will stand a chance to win prizes such as Urbanears headphones. There were also a bunch of entertainment for the guests like street magicians, jumping stilts performers, popcorn, ice cream and candy cane stores.
Celcom announced that an impressive record of 200 BlackBerry Z30 devices was sold within the first three hours of the launch. The supposed first person in line to get his hands on the BlackBerry Z30 got in line at 9.30pm the night before! Talk about excited!
The BlackBerry Z30 was available exclusively on Celcom only for a period of 14 days from 5 until 19 October 2013.
Pricing and Availability
Now, the BlackBerry Z30 is already available on sale now on all BlackBerry authorised retailers as well as with all major telcos. The Recommended Retail Price (RRP) for outright purchase of the BlackBerry Z30 is RM 1,998.
It’s also available at a discounted price, if you purchase it together with any telco plans. At the time of writing, only Celcom’s plans are available, with device priced from RM 1,238 at https://www.celcom.com.my/personal/devices/blackberry/overview/blackberry-z30
Additional Reviews and Info on BlackBerry Z30
If you’d like to read more about the BlackBerry Z30, please don’t forget to check out the BlackBerry Z30 product page at www.blackberry.com/blackberryz30
For more reviews, check out these links:-
- CrackBerry.com : BlackBerry Z30 Review
- Engadget : BlackBerry Z30 Review
- ZDNet : BlackBerry Z30 review: A polished business phablet, lacking a lighter side
- TheNextWeb : BlackBerry Z30 review: The problem with this phone isn’t the hardware. Or the software
In case you need more convincing that the big names are using the BlackBerry Z30, how about AirAsia main man, Tony Fernandes? He was recently spotted with BlackBerry executives with his brand new BlackBerry Z30!!!
[button title=”Click HERE to buy BlackBerry Z30 from Lazada Malaysia” link=”http://www.lazada.com.my/blackberry-z30-16gb-black-497795.html#Q0C416wn.40J” size=”button-large” buttonColor=”button-blue” ]