Over a month back, on 19 September 2013, Nokia Malaysia unveiled the hotly discussed 41 megapixel camera on their latest Lumia series – the Nokia Lumia 1020. The smartphone is the latest in their innovative PureView technology with likely the highest pixel count for a smartphone in the market today!
The Lumia 1020 includes superb low light photography capabilities with new and improved Nokia Pro Camera app. Here’s a high level overview of the specs for the Nokia Lumia 1020:-
- 4.5″ AMOLED WXGA PureMotion HD+ Clear Black display with Gorilla Glass 3 (1280 x 768)
- 1.5 GHz dual core Snapdragon S4 processor
- 32 GB internal storage (FREE 7GB SkyDrive cloud storage, no expandable microSD slot) + 2 GB RAM
- Powered by Windows Phone 8 OS
- 41 megapixel “PureView” rear camera with Carl Zeiss lens (1080p video) with Xenon flash, 1.2 megapixel wide angle front facing camera
- 10.4 mm thin, weighing 158 grams
- 2,000 mAH non-removable battery (13.3 hours 3G talktime)
- Connectivity : 4G LTE/HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, NFC
- Available in Black, White and Yellow colours
Some of the key highlighted features for the Lumia 1020 includes:
- 41 MP camera – high resolution zoom, with auto focus, Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) with the latest “PureView” technology
- Nokia Pro Camera app – Take more beautiful pictures with shutter speed, exposure & white balance controls; then zoom in to edit, crop, rotate, reframe and share
- Nokia Rich Recording – Capture distortion -free, stereo sound HD videos – so you can relive the moment as if you were there again
- Dual resolution images – Capture both full resolution and standard 5MP images for easier sharing
- 4G LTE enabled – Fast 4G Windows Phone 8 with Live Tiles & Free 7GB Skydrive Storage
Nokia also announced several optional accessories that complements the Lumia 1020:-
- Nokia Camera Grip – Built in battery for longer use, ergonomic grip with 2-stage camera shutter button, and uses a universal tripod mount
- Wireless Charging Cover – Enable wireless charging with form fitting Qi compliant snap-on cover
- JBL PowerUp Wireless Charging Speaker – use NFC and tap the phone to the speakers, or stream songs wirelessly with Bluetooth
- Nokia Purity Pro Stereo Headset by Monster – comfortable can headset paired via NFC or Bluetooth
- Nokia Wireless Charging Car Charger
For more information, do check out the Nokia Lumia 1020 Malaysian Product Page at http://www.nokia.com/my-en/phones/phone/lumia1020/
Nokia Lumia 1020 is now available for sale in Malaysia since end of September in the Klang Valley and in the beginning of October for the rest of Malaysia. The device will be packaged with the Camera Grip accessory and will be priced at RM2,499.
As of writing, the only mobile operator with a plan is Celcom with device priced from RM 1,638 HERE, where the first 100 customers will receive FREE Camera Grip and Joby Tripod and first 50 customers will get an additional Professional Photography Training worth RM 300.
See Also : Nokia Lumia 925 User Review
Thanks to Nokia Malaysia, a few days ago, I just received my review unit of the Nokia Lumia 1020, along with the Camera Grip for review. I can’t wait to put the incredible low light capable, 41 megapixel camera to the test!!! So, stay tuned!
And don’t forget to let me know in the comments below, if you have any specific question about the Lumia 1020’s camera or other features you’d like me to test.