HTC One is my primary smartphone. One that I bought with my own money and choose as a personal device out of the numerous review units I got to test.
Why? Because I really love this flagship smartphone – HTC One is one of the best device build and design I’ve seen in awhile (all aluminium metal unibody, baybeh). I have always liked HTC smartphones (and a huge HTC fangirl, honestly). As far as Android flagship smartphones goes, the HTC Sense 5 UI software skin is one of my favourite in terms of usability and navigation.
As soon as HTC One was released in Malaysian market, I immediately went to my telco to purchase this gorgeous device in Glacial Silver colour. FYI – the Stealth Black coloured phone is quite beautiful as well.
See Also : HTC One User Review
In case you didn’t know, red is my favourite colour. Almost everything I own from device cases, handbags, etc are all in RED RED RED!
So, it really breaks my heart when yesterday, on 16 Aug 2013, HTC Malaysia announced that the HTC One in Glamour Red is now available for sale.
HTC One in Glamor Red colour
The guts in terms of hardware and software for the Glamour Red edition of HTC One has not changed. For a quick refresher, here’s a quick overview of the tech specs of the HTC One:-
- 4.7″ Super LCD3 Full HD display (1920 X 1080)(468 ppi)
- 1.7 GHz quad core Snapdragon 600 processor
- 32 / 64 GB internal storage (no expandable microSD, FREE 25GB Dropbox cloud storage) + 2 GB RAM
- Powered by latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean OS (with new HTC Sense 5) <–recently upgraded
- 4 megapixel HTC Ultrapixel camera, 2.1 megapixel wide angle front facing camera (1080p Full HD front & rear camera video recording)
- 9.3 mm thin, weighing only 143 grams
- 2,300 mAH non-removable battery
- Connectivity : WiFi, HSPA+/4G LTE, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC
- Available in Glacial Silver, Stealth Black and now Glamour Red colours
HTC One comes with some awesome killer features that are not too bloated to slow down the speed of the smartphone, yet feature rich enough to enhance your mobile use:-
- 4G LTE & NFC ready – Every version (32/64GB) comes with 4G LTE compatibility for all Malaysian telcos already and is equipped with NFC for payments, file transfer etc
- HTC BlinkFeed – Grid based Home screen with updates from your social media, news feeds and article from global and local content
- HTC BoomSound – Dual front facing stereo speakers, for lound and clear sounds powered by Beats Audio technology
- HTC Ultrapixel camera – HTC’s new camera technology capturing 300% more light for better low light photography
- HTC Zoe – Record video and select the best frame for picture, 30 sec Video Highlights and more editing functions
For more information, tech specs and features of the HTC One, please check out the official HTC One Glamour Red edition’s SEA Product Page at http://www.htc.com/sea/smartphones/htc-one/#htc-one-glamour-red
As a reminder – the HTC One is retailing at the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of RM 2,299 for the 32 GB version, and RM 2,499 for the 64 GB version and also available with all major telco’s plans.
See Also : HTC Butterfly S On Sale in Malaysia
#HTChange campaign with Robert Downey Jr
With an awesome flagship phone like HTC One, unfortunately for HTC though, their revenue numbers didn’t do too well. Last month, HTC announced their numbers for Q2 2013 with a profit loss of 83% from the year before. Fighting against the mighty Marketing funds of Samsung and Apple, HTC introduced a new campaign to revive the brand.
The 3 phases global rollout of the HTC CHANGE campaign is a USD$1 billion campaign featuring Mr Tony Stark aka Iron Man, Robert Downey Jr himself, using the #HTChange hashtag on social media. HTC reportedly paid RDJ a whopping USD$12 million for a 2 year contract!
Over the last week, there were a series of teaser ads, leading up to the big reveal.
Then, 2 days ago on 15 Aug 2013, HTC revealed the big #HTChange full 2 minute long ad with more of RDJ.
Basically, HTC wants to show off their playful side and play around with the HTC acronym. What does “HTC” stand for? “Humoungous Tinfoil Catamaran”? “Hipster Troll Carwash”? “Hold This Cat”?
Note : It’s “High Tech Computers”, by the way.
And for you to have a bit of fun with your definition of “HTC”, they even created a random HTC Generator on the HTC Website at http://www.htc.com/sea/go/what-is-htc/
I had some fun generating some “confusing” HTC combinations and got “Heroic Tasting Comedian”. Then, I promptly Google-d it…
Go and have your own fun generating your “HTC” definition HERE. Or comment below to let me know what else HTC can stand for.
[button title=”Click HERE to buy HTC One (Red) from Lazada Malaysia” link=”http://www.lazada.com.my/htc-one-32gb-red-503736.html#Q0C9l1y5l9G7″ size=”button-small” buttonColor=”button-blue” ]