On Friday, on 15th June 2012, HTC Malaysia launched the HTC One S Android smartphone in Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur.
The latest Android smartphone, HTC One S is the thinnest HTC phone to date, measuring only 7.9mm thin. It boasts a unique aluminium unibody design featuring a new patented technology that takes traditional metal anodisation to a new level. The new treatment to the built is said to make the body more durable, scratch resistant and gives you a more premium feel.
The HTC One S have been available in other countries but not in Malaysia until now. With the launch of HTC One X (read about the roadshow and my unboxing here), the HTC One S is the latest high end Android smartphone from the quality handphone maker, HTC.
Here’s a quick specification overview of the HTC One S:-
- 4.3″ qHD Super AMOLED display
- 1.7 GHz dual core Snapdragon processor
- 16 GB internal memory (with FREE 25GB Dropbox storage for 2 years)
- Available in Gradient Metal colour
- Powered by Android OS 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (with HTC Sense 4)
- 8 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- 7.9 mm thin (the thinnest HTC phone yet), weighing only 119.5 grams
- Li-Ion 1,650 mAh battery
Even though the HTC One X is the quad core HTC flagship Android superphone, the HTC One S is not that far behind in terms of specs and performance. Here are a few points of what makes the HTC One S a great Android smartphone.
- Slimmest HTC One phone yet – only 7.9mm thin, with an aluminium unibody anodised with a patented process. Slim, soft and sturdy.
- Updated HTC Sense 4 – one of my favourite Android skins, built on top of Android’s latest OS 4.0 “Ice Cream Sandwich”. HTC Sense 4 is lighter, improved and easier to use than before for beginners, advanced users or experts alike.
- Amazingly incredible camera – f/2.0 aperture , capture images in 0.7 seconds with a 0.2 seconds autofocus, capture video and photo simultaneously, burst shot of up to 60 shots concurrently.
- Advanced Beats by Dr Dre Audio integration – hardware & software integration to give you amazing audio performance
- HTC Media Link HD – Share your media (photo, video, etc) with the HTC Media Link HD accessory that connects your phone wirelessly with your HDMI TV.
- Free 25GB Dropbox storage for 2 years – Like the HTC One X before this, you can now backup up to 25GB of your pictures, videos and files to Dropbox on the cloud.
HTC One S launch event
HTC Malaysia unveiled the HTC One S in Pavilion shopping mall on 15 June, Friday morning.
Pricing and Availability
HTC One S will be available immediately after the launch, on 15 June for the Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of RM 1,838 at all authorised reseller and along with mobile operators’ bundled plans.
No details are available on Maxis, Celcom or DiGi’s site on their plans for the HTC One S yet.
But U Mobile has already listed their bundled plan for the phone, starting from RM 1,149.
HTC Mobile Truck roadshow
HTC Malaysia also announced the launch of the first ever HTC Mobile Truck, a roving truck that features a love showcase of the HTC One series smartphones.
Other than hands on interaction with the HTC One series phones, visitors also get a chance to get their hands on amazing deals only offered here at the HTC Mobile Truck.
One of the offers is a Limited Edition HTC One S box set that comes bundled with Beats Solo headset, available at RM 2,199.
HTC Mobile Truck is scheduled to appear at these locations:-
- Pavilion KL – 15th to 17th June 2012
- Gurney Plaza, Penang (roadshow) – 15th to 17th June 2012
- Sunway Pyramid – 23rd to 24th June 2012
- eCurve Damansara – 29th June to 1st July 2012
- Sungei Wang KL – 6th to 8th July 2012
- Berjaya Times Square – 13th to 15th July 2012
Other than the HTC One S, visitors can also get their hands on with HTC One X, HTC One V as well as the HTC Desire C and HTC Desire V.
For more info on the HTC One S and its features, check out the official HTC website product page at http://www.htc.com/sea/smartphones/htc-one-s/ or check out the HTC Malaysia Facebook Page at http://www.facebook.com/HTCMalaysia