Yes, the Lumia 530 is a dual SIM smartphone.
Yes, the Lumia 530 is on sale at an affordable price tag of RM 355.
Yes, Nokia is now part of Microsoft’s new division called Microsoft Devices Group.
So many things happened since my disappearance on this blog in the last 6 weeks! And we kick off the news with an amazing announcement of a brand new
Nokia Microsoft smartphone, from their Lumia range nonetheless, at a cheap <RM500 price tag – the Lumia 530!!!
In case you’re unfamiliar, in the Nokia range of mobile phones, the lowest range is the Nokia Asha feature phone series, then entry level smartphone with the Nokia X series (Android OS) and the mid-range to high end smartphone Nokia Lumia series (powered by Windows Phone OS).
Early this year in April 2014, Microsoft officially closed the deal on their acquisition of Nokia Devices and Services Group and became Microsoft Devices Group. In their recent Press Releases, I don’t hear the mention of the Nokia brand names anymore. I guess this could be something they’re phasing out slowly?
Microsoft Devices Group is responsible for the company’s devices strategy, including Lumia smartphones and tablets, Nokia mobile phones, Xbox hardware, Surface, Perceptive Pixel products, and accessories.
Nevertheless, the “Lumia” brand name is now synonymous with Windows Phone OS smartphones. At a RM 355 price tag, it is truly incredible that
Nokia Microsoft Devices managed to pack all the punch of a Windows Phone smartphone into the classic Nokia hardware with the Lumia 530.
Introducing the Lumia 530 Dual SIM
We’ll start with a quick hardware and technical specs overview of the Lumia 530 Dual SIM :-
- 4’’ LCD FWVGA display (854 X 480)(246ppi)
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 200 processor
- 4 GB internal storage (expandable up to 128 GB microSD + 15 GB OneDrive cloud storage) + 512 MB RAM
- Powered by Windows Phone 8.1 OS with Lumia Cyan
- 5 megapixel rear camera (no flash), no front facing camera
- 11.7 mm thin, weighing 129 grams
- 1,430 mAh removable battery (up to 10 hours 3G talktime)
- Connectivity : Dual SIM 3G HSPA+ / 2G GPRS, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Available in 4 colours : Bright Green, Bright Orange, White and Dark Grey
For more information, check out the Lumia 530 Malaysian product page at http://www.nokia.com/my-en/phones/phone/lumia530-dual-sim/
Lumia 530 is the most affordable Lumia to date, with the latest Windows Phone 8.1, delivering an uncompromised smartphone experience with the latest Microsoft and Lumia innovations.
Some of the highlighted features of the Lumia 530 includes:-
- Windows Phone 8.1 with one-swipe Action Center and Word Flow
- Powerful quad-core processor to enjoy websites, games and leading apps
- 15 GB OneDrive cloud storage and expandable memory via microSD up to 128 GB
- Dual SIM for easy switching between two SIM cards, helping people manage their data costs
- Offers leading apps such as Instagram, WhatsApp, Viber, LINE and WeChat and games like Asphalt 8, via the new and improved Windows Phone Store
The Lumia 530 comes pre-loaded with a number of Microsoft / Nokia Lumia services such as Bing Maps, Nokia MixRadio and the ability to download more FREE apps from the Windows Phone Store (incl. HERE Drive+, HERE Maps, HERE Transit, Nokia Camera, Cinemagraph and more).
Pricing and Availability
The Lumia 530 Dual SIM will be available next week, from 18 Aug 2014 onwards, at a Recommended Retail Price (RRP) of RM 355 in Bright Green, Bright Orange, White and Dark Grey colours.
At such an affordable price, there’s really no need for anyone to be looking at discounts with the telco plans.
Read more about the technical specifications, feature highlights, available accessories and more images at the official Nokia Lumia 530 product page at http://www.nokia.com/my-en/phones/phone/lumia530-dual-sim/
At this amazing price tag, along with the inclusion of Dual SIM support, I think this would make a good backup device, a travel phone, or an affordable smartphone for the kids. Whaddya think?